Masterclass: The US Tax Cuts & Jobs Act 2018: individual tax – 3 August 2018
Understand the implications of the recent tax reform in the United States from an individual perspective. Essential training for all those engaged in advising US individuals or within corporates where US individuals are engaged.
Taught by US CPA and international tax consultant in California, Narelle Mackenzie, who has broad experience of international taxation in professional practice, as part of an in-house team and as an independent consultant and lecturer.
Qualifies for IRS continuing education credits.
- Changes to above the line deductions
- Change in calculation of below the line deductions: standard deduction amounts, itemized deductions, exemptions, 199A deduction
- Update of new ordinary tax rates
- Change in methodology for preferential tax rates
- New “kiddie tax’ rates
- Changes to AMT adjustments, exemption and phase amount amounts
- Rules surrounding “qualifying child” and “qualifying relative” remain applicable
- New 199A deduction for non-corporate businesses – deduction for qualified business income
- New rules for NOLs from business losses for non-corporate businesses
- Changes to the rules for like-kind exchanges
- Changes to allowable credits, including refundable credits
- Deemed repatriation of earnings in foreign entities on December 31, 2017
- With lower corporate tax rates, think about 962 elections
- Changes to the estate/gift tax lifetime exclusion rate
One-day course is £700 + VAT at 20% where applicable. To cover tuition, documentation, lunch and refreshments.
When booked alongside the corporate tax masterclass, price for the two days is £1250 + applicable VAT.