Masterclass: The US Tax Cuts & Jobs Act 2018: corporate tax – 2 August 2018
Understand the implications of the recent tax reform in the United States from an international perspective. Essential training for all those engaged in advising US corporates with overseas interests.
Taught by US CPA and international tax consultant in California, Narelle Mackenzie, who has broad experience of international taxation in professional practice, as part of an in-house team and as an independent consultant and lecturer.
Qualifies for IRS continuing education credits.
- Changes to corporate tax rate
- Changes to interest expense deduction
- Changes to NOL rules
- Changes to gross receipts limitation for cash method taxpayers
- Repeal of deductions for entertainment, sexual harassment suits, 199
- Increase in amount of gross receipts allowance to be able to use the cash method of accounting
- Changes to deductions for R&D
- Changes to depreciation rules: 179 expensing, bonus depreciation, luxury auto limits
- Changes to the characterization of self-created assets
- Changes to limitation for executive compensation
- Changes to sourcing rules for manufactured goods and sale of partnership interests
- Contribution to capital by non-shareholders is now taxable
- Changes to the DRD rules for corporate shareholders
- Changes to allowable credits
- Repeal of corporate AMT
- Modification of deemed paid FTC rules: think 960 not 902
- Deemed repatriation on December 31, 2017
- The new US international terms: GILTI, FDII and BEAT
One-day course is £600 + VAT at 20% where applicable. To cover tuition, documentation, lunch and refreshments.
When booked alongside the individual tax masterclass, price for the two days is £1100 + applicable VAT.